Welcome to the gourmet chicken recipe series. Today is the best Central Asian chicken dish ever created and one of the best dishes to be the centerpiece of your next dinner …
2 tsp peanut oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. sugar, 2 tsp cornstarch, 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 2 tsp. freshly ground chili peppers, 1/2 tsp. finely chopped onions, 2 tsp. cold water, 2 tsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. peanut oil, 1 tbsp. shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry, 1/3 cup chicken broth, 1 tsp. dark soy sauce, 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, 1/2 small red bell pepper cut into 1-inch triangles, 3 mostly white spring onions cut into 2 “lengths, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, 2 teaspoons cold water to thicken, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp ground bean sauce (mo si jeung), 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut diagonally into 1/4 “thick by 2” long slices, 4 dried Chinese mushrooms (soaked in warm water for 45 minutes), rinsed, squeezed with water, stems discarded, plugs in half)
1. Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken while you prepare all the other ingredients for cooking.
2. Mix the garlic, chili peppers, and onion. Combine the ground bean sauce, water, and sugar.
3. Heat a wok, add the peanut oil, and stir the surface with oil.
4. Sauté the garlic mixture for 5 seconds.
5. Add ground bean sauce mixture and sauté for 5 seconds.
6. Add the rice wine and combine. Pour in the broth, then the dark soy sauce and stir to combine.
7. Add chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, and scallions.
8. Sauté over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then reduce the heat a little and add the thickener mixture for a few seconds.
9. Lastly, add the sesame oil, which will impart a beautiful fragrance and richness to the dish.
serve hot over rice