Easy Green Smoothie Recipes
Posted On August 6, 2022
Green smoothies are super easy to make, provide energy and health benefits, and are great for losing weight naturally. My favorite benefit is that it is anti-aging and nutrient dense. You will learn the top 10 tips for making healthy green smoothies.
I use my Vitamix blender to make a smoothie every morning that I can drink for breakfast and throughout the day.
Green smoothies keep my energy level high and my hunger at bay. I enjoy a generous healthy shake in the morning, then have a large lunch of my choice, drink a bit more of the shake between lunch and dinner, and have a modest dinner.
You will naturally reach your ideal weight by doing this. We have to stop this epidemic of taking diet pills and yo-yo dieting. Unless there are medical reasons (such as hypothyroid issues that slow down your metabolism), there is no reason why you won’t lose weight if you follow simple rules of healthy living.
But I digress…back to green smoothie recipes.
Here are 10 tips to start your green smoothie journey:
1. Use one or two fresh or frozen fruits as natural sweeteners. Bananas, sweet ripe mangoes, pineapple, kiwi, pear, berries. The options are endless.
2. Cucumbers, honeydew and watermelon are great as a base for extra water content.
3. Adding half a carrot or half a celery stick is one way to sneak in some extra veggies. Try again with other vegetables.
4. Add ice and/or water to get your shake to the consistency you want. I like the thinner consistency so you can easily drink through a straw.
5. Choose a leafy green like spinach or kale, or parsley and cilantro. Herbs have excellent detoxifying properties, so don’t forget about them. Rotate your greens and try different ones. Add about a cup of a leafy green of your choice, or start with a smaller amount if you’re new to smoothie making.
6. You can add juices to sweeten them more, such as cranberry, orange and pineapple. Make sure you don’t add too much, as you get a natural sweetness from the fruits you’re adding.
7. Adding a tablespoon of hemp powder is an amazing way to get some extra natural protein. Hemp seeds/powder are a complete protein, have essential fatty acids (EFA), are rich in fiber and minerals such as iron and magnesium.
8. Try to buy organic products whenever possible. That’s less chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides in your smoothie.
9. I suggest you invest in a great blender. And I am extremely partial to my Vitamix. It’s a powerful blender that most smoothie enthusiasts and raw foodists use for their creations. It’s expensive, but once you have one, you’ll never look at another blender. And it will pay for itself many times over.
10. Have fun creating your combinations. Use leftover vegetables and whatever fruit you have on hand and get creative.
Here are 2 sample recipes for you. Enjoy! Visit my site for additional green smoothie recipes and other healthier food recipes.
Green Smoothie Recipe #1
2 cups of honey dew 2 cups, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cucumber, 1 tablespoon of hemp powder, add a little ice or a little water. Mix it in your Vitamix
Honeydew is a great water based and natural sweetener and an excellent source of vitamin C and folate. It’s a great base to add to a green smoothie. Molasses and cucumber together have an amazing refreshing taste.
Green Smoothie Recipe #2
cranberry or orange juice, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1/2 cup kale, 1/2 celery stick, 1/2 carrot, 4-6 pieces of ice
Please leave a comment or comment on this or share your experience with green smoothie recipe. I love to hear from my readers.