5 things college students can do to succeed in life
Posted On August 6, 2022
As there is a lack of financial education in the world today, I am motivated to promote financial education. My experiences regarding high school, college, and the transition to adulthood after college have inspired me to further financial literacy for young adults by providing powerful and inspiring ways a student can leverage to achieve success. success after university life. Preparation for success begins years before a student attends college. Here are five things college students can do to be successful in life.
1. Prepare for the ACT/SAT in middle school or earlier so there is a better chance of scoring high on both tests, as higher test scores will give a student a better chance of getting a scholarship. It is also important for students to get involved in extracurricular activities. Remember, college is still possible and can be affordable even when a student doesn’t have a scholarship.
2. Students must consider the selection of their career choice. It is imperative that the student identify and select the right career path that suits him or her for the long term. Being indecisive in your career choice and switching majors midway through college or later wastes an enormous amount of time and money.
3. Students should be aware of the importance of obtaining and maintaining good credit. Without having any credit or good credit, a student may find it difficult to receive lower interest rates on their car, home, etc. Higher interest rates will cause an increase in the cost of the car, the house, etc. monthly payments. All three credit reporting agencies report and provide each individual’s credit history and show how well a person has been paying their bills. The credit rating score will determine what interest rate the individual will receive.
4. Students must prepare for the workforce while attending college. Without preparation before graduating from college, a student may find it difficult to land a job in their field soon after graduation. Many employers look for people who have had experience in the field for at least a year and will not consider interviewing a student with no experience.
5. Finally, saving early for retirement is essential. Many young adults feel like they have a lot of time to save for retirement, but they really don’t. I’ve heard so many adults say they wish they had started saving as soon as they started working as a young adult and regret not because they have to work longer than they wanted to.
In conclusion, here are the five things college students can do to be successful in life. College students deserve a shot at success. Take charge of your life and be the next success story!