14 effective natural remedies for PMS
Posted On June 11, 2021
Most women face PMS every month before their periods start. It is a combination of a wide range of physical or psychological symptoms. These symptoms of PMS are experienced every month when ovulation occurs until the beginning of menstruation. The main reason behind the appearance of these signs is changes in hormone levels. The factors responsible for these hormonal changes are abundant.
Some of the physical signs of PMS are fatigue, bloating, pelvic discomfort, breast tenderness, headaches, constipation or diarrhea, weight gain, changes in sleep pattern, fluid retention, changes in appetite and skin. grease. The psychological signs are depression, stress, anxiety, poor concentration, mood swings, and irritability. The causes of PMS have been primarily linked to hormonal imbalances. Other reasons that cause PMS are eating habits, stress, depression, and chemical changes in the brain. All these factors can be responsible for creating these symptoms in the woman’s body before the start of menstruation.
There are medications such as anti-inflammatories, antidepressants, diuretics, and oral contraceptive pills available to treat these problems, but natural remedies for PMS are a sure way to get rid of these problems. These remedies are effective and have negative effects. Some of the natural remedies for PMS are as follows:
1. Celery: It is an effective natural diuretic that enhances the functions of the kidneys and helps eliminate excess water from the body.
2. Grapes: Include grapes or grape juice in your food intake. Helps prevent swelling.
3. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is healthy and helps reduce PMS symptoms.
4. Apples: Eating apples every day is good for general health and for reducing bloating in PMS.
5. Barley water: Drinking barley water is beneficial in reducing PMS symptoms.
6. Vitamins: Vitamins like C, E and B6 are very effective and should be taken regularly.
7. Antioxidants: Increase the intake of antioxidants in your food. This is one of the beneficial natural remedies for PMS.
8. Evening primrose oil: has been used to treat premenstrual syndrome.
9. Calcium: women with PMS have lower levels of calcium; therefore, increase your calcium intake.
10. Magnesium: Magnesium is said to improve symptoms.
11. Massage: Gently massage the abdomen with essential oils such as lavender and sage to help relieve pain.
12. Relaxation: Get rid of stress by taking a bath with essential oils such as rosemary and sage.
13. Exercises: Exercising regularly helps a lot. Practice yoga and deep breathing techniques regularly.
14. Herbal Treatment: Some herbs are very effective in reducing and eliminating the symptoms of PMS. Herbs are also one of the natural remedies for PMS. Dandelion herb is used to prevent bloating, bloating, and fluid retention. It also helps with spasms, acne, and inflammation. Black Cohosh is good for stopping hot flashes. Cramp Bark is beneficial in conditions of menstrual cramps and uterine spasms. Red Clover, Valerian, Chaste Tree Berry, and Tribulus Terrestris are some of the other herbs that are beneficial in reducing symptoms and also aid in the overall health of the body.
Try these natural remedies for PMS to ease physical and emotional symptoms.